LIGHTWEIGHT ARCHITECTURAL FABRIC MEMBRANESITS specializes in building distinctive structures with lightweight architectural membranes that are fire-resistant, have long life expectancy, are flexible, durable, translucent, long-spanning and are vibrant. Some of these membranes include:
COATED STRUCTURAL MEMBRANESCoated structural fabric membranes consist of a woven base cloth which is layered on both sides with a coating. This coating protects the base cloth, helps to keep the fabric clean, and further stabilizes the membrane. These coated structural membranes can include the following:
- PVC-COATED POLYESTER CLOTH / MESHPVC-Coated Polyester fabrics come in either a solid membrane or a mesh material. A PVDF lacquer is also added to assist in the protection of the fabric. This material comes in a variety of vibrant colors, can be waterproof, and can also have graphics printed or applied to it. Average life expectancy for this material is 20 years.
- PTFE-COATED FIBERGLASS CLOTH / MESHPTFE (poly tetra fluoro ethylene) is a Teflon® coated fiberglass membrane which is highly durable and fire-resistant. This is an inert material which is known for its long-life expectancy, low-maintenance and use on permanent structures. Average life expectancy for this material can be in excess of 30 years.
- ePTFE-COATED FIBERGLASS CLOTH / MESHThe ePTFE membrane is an expanded PTFE fabric with a fluoropolymer coating which has very high translucency qualities while being equally durable and flexible. This is also a very aesthetic architectural membrane.
- SILICONE-COATED FIBERGLASS CLOTH / MESHSilicone-coated fiberglass membranes are highly translucent and have good fire resistance ratings. This is a strong yet lightweight fabric that is offered in a variety of colors. This material has an added benefit of blocking UV-B light while allowing the transmission of UV-A light thereby allowing photosynthesis to occur. Average life expectancy for this material is 25 years.
- ETFE FOILS ǀ FILMSETFE (ethylene tetra fluoro ethylene) foil or film membranes can be fabricated in sheets or billowed into multi-layered cushion structures (air-filled pillow systems). This extremely lightweight material is 1% the weight of glass. This is also a self-cleaning, chemically inert and transparent material which has an anticipated life expectancy of over 30 years.
SHADE FABRIC MEMBRANESShade fabric membranes are made from heavy duty knitted High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) monofilaments and/or tapes. This material comes in a variety of colors, sun-blocking coverage properties, and strengths. The average life expectancy for this material ranges from 10 to 15 years.There are many additional fabric choices including composites, acrylics, spandex, stretch fabrics, and others. All have varying degrees of lamination, coating, strength, durability, fire resistivity, life-expectancy and use. Please feel free to contact ITS to obtain specifications, samples or general information on any of the above options.
Without exception, ITS suitably designs, engineers and constructs our structures by applying the correct technologies and applications which are unique to tensile architecture. The result is that our clients end up with structures which are safe, have a long life-expectancy and are architecturally inspiring.
Tensile fabrics can be used in any of the following applications:
- Long-spanning Roof Systems
- Shade Structures
- Entry & Walkway Canopies
- Enclosures or Shelters
- Interior Acoustical Solutions
- Interior Design Features
- Exterior Cladding|Fabric Facades
- Solar Protection
- Architectural Umbrellas
- Advertising, Art & Display Components
- Temporary or Deployable Structures